LEGAL EXTERNSHIP, SPRING 2017
The Los Angeles branch of the California Regional Office of Earthjustice is seeking law students who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment for spring externships in 2017.
The California Regional office has undertaken campaigns to protect lands and wildlife, improve air and water quality, promote clean energy and transportation policies, and ensure that state residents are protected from toxic substances. The Los Angeles office currently has work focusing on clean energy, air quality in the South Coast and Central Valley, crude-by-rail, and oil and gas development in Kern County and Los Angeles. Our attorneys bring a mix of lawsuits under federal environmental laws such as the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act, as well as California statutes like the California Environmental Quality Act, to protect the environment and promote healthy communities.
- Work with attorneys on case development and litigation.
- Under the supervision of an attorney, perform legal and factual research, and develop case strategy and legal theories.
- Assist attorneys with preparing briefs and motions and meet with clients and experts.
- Participate in moots of oral arguments, and attend court proceedings and conferences with opposing counsel.
- Currently enrolled in law school.
- Commitment of at least 16 hours a week.
- Interest in environmental protection or environmental justice a plusExterns are unpaid, but can be awarded course credit for work with Earthjustice.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, copy of law school transcripts, writing sample (no more than 10 pages), and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three legal references. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies