In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Applicants must have 2 or more years of professional legal experience after admission to the bar commensurate with the duties of the position. Graduation from an ABA-Accredited Law School in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as an LLM may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience. (NOTE: EXPERIENCE MUST BE DOCUMENTED IN YOUR RESUME).
Your application package will be evaluated to ensure your experience, knowledge, skills, training and/or education meet the qualification requirements stated in this vacancy announcement. Quality of experience relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant’s background and recency of experience, education clearly reflect you possess the following required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) to successfully perform the duties of this position. The following KSA’s must be addressed in your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating or affect your overall rating.
1. Knowledge, skills and ability regarding federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to compliance with Federal laws and regulations relating to environmental law, and regulatory programs.
2. Knowledge, skills and ability in the law as it applies to providing legal advice on compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to the civil works programs.
3. Knowledge, skills and ability in the following areas of federal law and practice: contract formations, administration and award, reviewing and interpreting contract provisions, federal acquisition regulations, analyzing contract claims, AE professional responsibility determinations, fiscal law, application of the Buy American Act and researching contract law.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
5. Ability to function effectively as a counselor and advisor to senior management officials and project delivery teams within the District and to work with federal, state and local governmental entities, as well as private parties.
Applicants for attorney positions must be graduates of law schools accredited by the American Bar Association at the time of the applicant’s graduation.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of the bar of a State, territory, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.