Fall Internship (California)
Ceres is a national coalition of investors, companies, environmentalists, labor unions and public interest groups, dedicated to increasing corporate sustainability and responsibility. Our mission is to move businesses, capital, and markets to advance lasting prosperity by valuing the health of the planet and its people.
Ceres plays a unique role in the national sustainability movement by bringing the perspective and power of investors to environmental issues and specifically to the practices of corporations and the regulation of financial markets. Today Ceres is a growing organization with expanding influence in the investment, environmental, and public policy arenas. Our program activities seek to foster greater public disclosure of environmental and social impacts by corporations, encourage engagement between companies and their stakeholders, and create opportunities for collaborative dialogue leading to positive change on key sustainability issues.
CALIFORNIA OFFICE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
The California office intern position will be based out of Ceres California office (downtown San Francisco) and will require 15 hours of work per week. The intern must complete work during business hours (9-5pm, M-F) but schedules can be flexible to fit with class and/or work schedules. Ceres compensates California interns at a rate of $15.00/ hour. Our Fall Internship Program runs from September 2016 through mid-December 2016.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated intern who would find it exciting to join the Ceres team! (Experienced undergraduate or graduate student is preferred.) This position is ideal for someone looking to learn more about the broader world of sustainability, and will present the opportunity to dive deeply into sustainable investing, corporate coalition building and policy engagement. The California office intern will work 50% of the time with the Policy program and 50% of the time with the Investor program.
Investor Program responsibilities:
- Conducting research on Investor Network on Climate Risk members, and analyzing their progress towards implementing the 10 sustainable investing steps outlined in our report,The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing.
Policy Program responsibilities:
- Ceres’ California policy engagement focuses on state water policy via the Connect the Drops coalition; our state climate policy advocacy is executed via the Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) network as well as through other initiatives (e.g. California Climate Declaration). These initiatives rely on our company partners to deliver economic messaging around climate and water issues to policymakers. The intern will help develop strategy to expand Ceres California partner bench (new recruitment) and strategy to deepen existing partner relationships. There may be an opportunity for exposure to California climate and water policy; however, this project will be focused on relationship building and occur while the state legislature is out of session.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP
- Send a resume, cover letter, and two (2) brief writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please identify which program position and which term you are applying for in the subject line of your email (i.e. Fall California Office Intern)
- Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Address all correspondence to:
Ceres – Intern (please indicate which semester you are applying for: Fall, Spring or Summer)
99 Chauncy St., 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111