Pace University’s Elisabeth Haub School of Law is accepting applications for a Director of International Affairs and Graduate Program Admissions. The Director will be a dynamic professional who will join the vibrant Pace Law community. The Director will play an integral role in attracting and enrolling outstanding applicants in both the Environmental LLM and Comparative Legal Studies LLM programs. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Admissions, the Director of International Affairs and Graduate Admissions will administer and supervise international programs at Pace Law School in coordination with law faculty.
Position Qualifications: JD required. A global perspective and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds is a must. The preferred candidate will have experience working at an institution of higher learning, including and recruiting students for international programs and handling study abroad and internship opportunities for students. Excellent communication skills, outstanding judgment and a commitment to serving the needs of students are also required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Managing all post-admission aspects of LLM/SJD programs, including graduate student orientation, curriculum, academic advising, and career and bar admission counseling.
– Taking a lead role in the recruitment of students for the LLM and SJD programs, including creating and/or overseeing the creation of recruitment materials, performing domestic and international outreach, and follow-up with potential candidates.
– Overseeing support of international students from a “student life” perspective (including assisting with housing), and manage degree progress of CLS, LLM and SJD students.
– Advising international students regarding visa issues, in conjunction with Pace University’s International Students and Scholars Office.
– Coordinating with Admissions, Career and Professional Development, Development, Communications Student Services, Academic Success, and the Office of Student Affairs on new and ongoing international program initiatives.
– Coordinating student participation in international co-curricular and extracurricular programs (including Human Rights in Action, International Externships Abroad, Fulbright program, Pace International Law Review, and the International Law Society).
Pace Law combines a rigorous academic curriculum with experiential learning opportunities. Pace Law School offers a wide range of programs and courses allowing students to pursue a broad and varied curriculum or focus on specialized area of study. Our centers, including the Land Use Law Center, Energy and Climate Center, the Global Center for Environmental Legal Studies, Pace-NRDC Food Law Initiative, are on the cutting edge of environmental law research, policy, and innovation. In addition to Environmental Law, our signature programs in International Law, Criminal Law and Public Interest Law provide unique learning opportunities for students to take theory into practice throughout the United States and around the world. Our campus is a 35 minute commute from New York City and is located in White Plains, the county seat ofWestchester County. Westchester is home to federal and state courthouses, government agencies, law firms, public interest organizations and many corporate headquarters, providing our students with networking and career opportunities.
Applications will be accepted online at the following link http://careers.pace.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55908
Pace University is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to ensuring a diverse learning and working environment.